"It's departed."
"Are you serious?"
"Are you Alexandra?"
"Yes..."
"Yeah, you missed it just by 4 minutes."
Panic sinks in. I just missed my flight! Trying not to look like the biggest idiot in the world, I put myself on stand-by for the next flight available.
"You're flight leaves at 6:45 a.m. tomorrow. You want to be here an hour before to check to see if there is room and then you may get a ticket."
I may get a ticket??? Alone I have to be there at 5:45 a.m. and that means leave the house at 5 a.m., which means getting up at 4 a.m. Way to go Al. So far your perfect weekend has taken a twist. Knowing this I realize it will affect 2 people, my mother and my boyfriend. Andy was already on his way to pick me up. After calling him, he turned back around, went home and set his alarm early to come get me. My mother didn't even leave the airport yet when I called her and she would also set her alarm early to take me to the airport in the morning.
I should be laughing about this but I wasn't. I felt like I let myself down and couldn't help to feel that I let them down too. I was very quiet going back to my apartment and then this rage started to build up inside of me. I was looking forward to this weekend sooo much that I couldn't even check my ticket one more time to see if the time was right. I never did. Now I will have to lose some sleep and wait at the airport to see if I even get on the flight at all. Nice.
Oh this will be funny to me later. I won't let it ruin my weekend. It was just the first time I have ever done this! So take this tip to heart if you are planning on flying anywhere... you may even want to write this down...
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR TICKET!
Thank you and you are welcome.

No comments:
Post a Comment