
Key: meme = grandma
It was big meme's 75th birthday and my dad went to visit her in New York City. He asked me before he left if I wanted anything which was a picture of me by the statue of liberty. Obviously that wasn't going to happen, so I wanted pcitures of my family that I don't see everyday. He was also going to try to visit the World Trade Center memorial, his friend, Richard and visit other places in the Big Apple.
He came back with only 5 photos. A couple of them with big meme and her boyfriend, one with the two of them and my cousin Claudine, and a picture of their cat. Big meme has been with her boyfriend for over 40 years. Before my parents met! I did find out that he works in a bakery and can sing really well at the age of 77. He sounds a lot like Frank Sinatra, only with a twist of the dentures.
When my dad visited Richard, soccer was the life. Granted my dad is a huge soccer fan, but he doesn't eat, sleep and poop soccer. It's funny how I know some people like that here.
Anyhoo, he was happy to see all of them. He didn't get a chance to see the World Trade Center Memorial because he heard it was really depressing. All you could do was stand by the wall and take a picture. Maybe someday, when I have enough money, I'll take a trip to see them. It's been over 20 years since I last been in New York City and I have family there!

1 comment:
I'm glad Bernie had a good time! Your meme is my new hero. :) -C-
Post a Comment