Sunday, September 17, 2006

Run, Punt, Rrrip!

Today was our Run, Punt, Pass for the Jaycees. So far this year, every single of our event has rained. Today was the exception. Feeling hopeful for a good turnout I put on my Jaycees shirt and head for the field. It was a little breezy and cool but it was good to be outside. Several Jaycees show and the kids started coming to compete. Everything was going smoothly. I was helping out with the Punt section, spotting the ball and measuring for accurancy. When suddenly as I was checking for a measurement, RRRRRIP! My jeans tore right in-between my legs. I kinda laughed at it and didn't think anything of it. After a few more measurements, rip, rip, rip. The hole was getting bigger. I pointed out to Mike and Tiffany about the awareness of the jeans and they laughed at my expense. Go figure. So then I was getting this cool sensation breeze down there. Luckily we finished the competition in no time. I was able to go home and change into a more sturdier, newer pair of jeans. I guess I should have known better to wear a pair of jeans that I have had for almost half of my life!

No comments: