Saturday, March 11, 2006

26

Wednesday was my birthday... YEAH! I always get a little nervous when my birthday rolls around. I don't think it's the fact that I'm getting older, even though that sucks to begin with, but I have this thing about being the center of attention. Not a big fan. I always feel akward when there is a bunch of people and they are all looking at me. Like when you step into a meeting and everyone stops to look to see who it is. Yikes.

However, when it's your birthday, you see how many people really care about you. I don't have much family in this town, so I always look toward my friends for any support. So here is adventure of turning 26...

My boyfriend came into town last weekend. He took me shopping and later, we ate at The Melting Pot. Can I say that I never went shopping with a boy before and it was an interesting but fun experience. Same thing with the restaurant. We had a wonderful time together that night.

Tuesday night, I got really nervous. If worrying were a talent, I would own it. I constantly worry about everything. So what would happen to me the next day, drove me crazy! The actual day started off a little sad, I received a message from a friend saying that she wouldn't be able to see me because she was sick. Bummer. It wouldn't have bothered me so much except she was really sick. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Nonethless I still had to go on with the day.

As soon as I found my cubicle, or as I like to say, my cage in a maze, I busted out laughing followed by a "Oh my!" My cube was decorated very festive like and had a huge picture of me on the wall. As you can tell by the pictures, you couldn't miss a thing. It was really sweet of my co-workers to start the humilation early. I did like my lifesaver that hung right in the center. On it, it said: "Alex is a lifesaver." I suppose I am after the two weeks I had prior. I even tried it on later to see if it fits.

Later, my parents had taken me out to Red Lobster for lunch. I love seafood, so this was a tradition I always look forward to. Plus the cheddar bay biscuits are fabulous. I was even nice and brought some back for my co-workers. Through out the course of the day I would get phone calls from friends and received several emails as well. The day went by really fast. My plans for the evening changed to Friday so I went with my brother to see a movie. Since I wouldn't see him Friday, I wanted to hang out with him. By the end of the day, I was really calm. Not much comotion had happened which was the way I liked it. It was just another day.

Thursday, my volleyball team decided they had to take me out... all the way. We had an early session so it was off to the bars afterwards. Of course some beverages were consumed as well as shots. My stomach was hurting from laughing so hard. Who are these people?!?! I had a lot of fun. Sidenote: the oatmeal cookie shot sucks!

Friday was here and I was excited. I was going out with my friends. We ate at Trini's in the Old Market and walked around the area. It was a gorgeous night, little chilly for my taste, but well worth the walk. This is what I love the most. Hanging out with my friends, shooting our mouths, just having a good ol time. We didn't even need booze. We went back to my friend's house and had some "special cake." It was a Pina Colada cake with some... well... Pina Colada liquor. It was delicious. I'm not a big cake fan, but I liked this cake. I'm wondering how I'm going to eat all of it? The night ended with us playing a game and watching Team America. The last of me turning 26.

It wasn't the craziest birthday, but I thought it was fantastic! Thank you all for the cards, emails, calls and thoughts! I had a very nice birthday! It meant a lot to me!

No comments: