Sunday, July 29, 2007
Down Pour or Burning Hot...
The tournamnet must go on. It was our 2nd annual Jaycees Sand Volleyball Tournament. We had 12 teams registered, a big accomplishment for us. The day started out fairly nice a little humid. Near lunch time is was very hot. The sand was too hot to stand on. I especially was shuffling around trying to find some cooler sand underneath. After pool play, the tournament began. It had cool down some with clouds, but then it started to rain. Then rain turned to down pour. Yes, I was playing in this weather and it wasn't that bad. It felt kinda good after the intense heat. The playing however got interesting. It was more mud ball than actual volleyball. It was a twelve hour day, but everyone seemed to be happy with the turnout this year. There was free food, door prizes and money to be won. Maybe next year, we will have better luck with the weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This summary is very stream-of-consciousness!
...please where can I buy a unicorn?
Post a Comment