My friend, Monica raised money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and participated in a marathon in Colorado. She has been training herself all summer and asking for donations from friends and family. What motivated her to do this was her boyfriend, Ryan. Ryan's dad has cancer and she thought the best way for her to be supportive was to make a benefit for him and for other cancer patients.She struggled through 8 months of training and raised over $3,400! You can check it for yourself here. Her actual goal for the marathon was 4 hours and 30 minutes. As you can see from the picture, she had beat her goal.
Her doing this was an extremely nice gesture and she is not the only friend I have who runs marathons. I have yet to get my butt out the door and down the next block! Either way I think she did a tremendous job and motivated me to do... uh a little more than watch movies.

No comments:
Post a Comment